Do you eat enough greens per day? Every one knows that Popeye loved his spinach. We all know that salads are filled with nutrients and fiber. There are so many tasty greens in the produce section. I encourage my patients to eat 2 cups of greens per day and I would like to challenge my followers to 30 days of eating 2 cups of greens per day. I will recommend that you mix cooked greens, raw greens and smoothie greens so you don’t burn out.
One Rule: Iceberg Lettuce does not count.
Warning: Remember if you are on blood thinning drugs you can not participate in this challenge.
- Saute 1 Cup of beet greens, spinach or kale in a little grape seed oil then add in 2 organic eggs & scramble
- 1 C of spinach or kale into your morning smoothie (protein powder, milk substitute & 1/2 banana & berries) Blend well.
- Salad- romaine, green leaf lettuce, mixed greens, etc
- Roll Ups using green leafy lettuce instead of tortilla
- Add Spinach to your hamburgers and sandwiches
- Kale Chips
- Saute swiss chard, spinach, cabbage, kale, etc.
- Add spinach, kale or cabbage to soups
- My friend steams cabbage and uses the leaves for taco shells
Anything goes just be creative and eat your 2 cups per day!
We would love to hear how this changes your life… Please comment back after completing.